Sunday, January 13, 2013

First day as PL



After an impressive year-and-a-half of armed camping trips and extracurricular partying funded by the American taxpayer, I am an Infantry Platoon Leader (also, after a mercifully short stint in purgatory... er, staff).

As a new garrison PL, you'll see that if you suddenly evaporated tomorrow, your platoon would continue to function without any disruption (on account of the half-dozen NCOs who have been soldiering since before I hit puberty). However, I will do my best to influence my platoon in a positive way, so that, you know, my existence has a purpose. And, perhaps, one day my veneer of authority could develop into actual authority. But let's not get ahead of ourselves.


3 comments:

  1. Good luck man. Can't wait for more post . Always checking when getting back from field.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy it while you can, time will fly by. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the second panel is garrison to the tee. In the field you're fucking busy though. I've been a pl for 4the months and have done 3a field problems and an NTC rotation, so I've been busy.

    ReplyDelete