Monday, June 27, 2011

ALL AMERICAN!

Well, I'll never be able to say that the United States Army didn't take the time to give me personalized attention to ensure that I got exactly what I wanted.

I'm going to Ft. Bragg! As in the storied 82nd Airborne! As in not Kansas!
As you may recall, I was less than pleased with my initial assignment.

How did I do it? A few days after I commissioned, I contacted my branch manager (fellow displeased LTs, you can find yours via the Army Human Resources Command site - though by now you're probably too late to get anything good), and told him how awesome I was (see post linked above, this entire site) and that I should be in the 82nd or 101st. Amazingly, it worked. After about a month of emails, waiting, and a little nagging on my part, my projected assignment was changed to 4th Brigade, 82nd Airborne. I'm going to be a paratrooper.

What should I ask for next?

3 comments:

  1. congrats, thats awesome, but Fayetteville sucks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations. Fayetteville is an acquired taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I'll keep you're nagging strategy in mind should my assignment, post-Armor BOLC, turns into Polk. Congrats man!

    ReplyDelete